Marijke Granier-GuillemarreFrance, MGG Legal
Sébastien Le CœurFrance, MGG Legal
Marijke Granier-Guillemarre is the Founding Partner and Managing Partner of MGG Legal – a French boutique law firm which is exclusively specialized in Employment and Labor Law.
Marijke advises both national and multinational clients on a range of contentious and non-contentious Employment and Labor Law matters. Her practice is particularly well known for providing counsel on day-to-day employment matters (employment contracts, remuneration, pension plans, life insurance plans, termination) as well as collective employment matters – including working time, employee savings, and relations with staff representative bodies. In addition, Marijke also heads MGG Legal’s newly created German desk.
She is recognized internationally for her work in the field of French employment and labour law by leading international legal guides. In their words:
- Marijke Granier-Guillemarre demonstrates a “real command of the international environment”
– Legal 500 Paris 2016
- “Everybody agrees on her competence and ability to understand and analyse a problem and then propose a business-oriented solution.”
“Her professional rigour, responsiveness and proximity to the business world have allowed us to successfully overcome the various legal hurdles that we had to cross.”
“She is our legal business partner and is highly valued by our legal department.”
“She thinks with the business in terms of solutions, rather than just throwing legal opinions at us as to what we cannot do”
– International Law Office – Client Choice Awards 2014
Marijke has also been recognized for her work by the Expert Guides Women in Business Law report as well as Best Lawyers.
She regularly publishes articles on employment law in addition to giving lectures for Montpellier University’s Employment Relations Practices Masters.
- Human Resource Policies
- Transfers of People
- Transfers of Business
- Restructurings & Reorganisation
- AVOSIAL – French Employment Law Working Group
- ANDRH – French HR Working Group
- EELA – European Employment Lawyers Association
- Paris Bar Association
- University of Montpellier/Paris II – Masters in Employment Law 1997
- University of Paris I: Panthéon-Sorbonne – LLM 1996
- University of Cologne Germany – LLM 1994
Sébastien Le Cœur
Sébastien Le Cœur is a Partner of MGG Legal – a French boutique law firm which is exclusively specialized in Employment and Labor Law.
He has extensive experience advising businesses and executives on a range of Employment and Labor Law operations at both the national and international levels. In particular, his practice focuses on transfers of businesses and people, redundancy plans, trade union negotiations, European Works Councils, health and safety in the workplace in addition to providing day-to-day strategic human resource advice.
Sebastien, who has lived and worked in Canada, France, Switzerland, Ireland and Spain, regularly provides in-house training to employers and works councils. He recently co-authored the publication “The works council in 200-employee companies”, published by Tissot Editions.
- Social plans
- Works councils
- Transfer of Business Across Borders
- Transfer of People Across Borders
- ABA – American Bar Association
- International Association of Labour Lawyers
- McGill University – LLB, BCL, Law 2001
- EADA – Escuela de Alta Dirección y Administración – Postgraduate Degree 2014
- University of Nantes – Masters, Labor & Employment Law 1998