Dan Begbie-ClenchUnited Kingdom, Doyle Clayton
Darren ClaytonUnited Kingdom, Doyle Clayton
Dan Begbie-Clench is a Partner at Doyle Clayton, a leading specialist firm of Employment and Business Immigration lawyers in the United Kingdom.
His practice focuses on advising multinationals and SMEs on a range of strategic Employment and Labor Law matters, including as part of corporate transactions. He is particularly noted for his counsel on redundancy processes, reorganisations, dismissals, TUPE transfers, discrimination and unfair dismissal claims, in addition to High Court claims to enforce restrictions and prevent employees from using confidential information.
Before qualifying as a lawyer Dan studied at a French university and went on to work at the Council of Europe in Strasbourg.
- Employment Law
- Employment Litigation
- Human Resources Policies
- Protecting Confidential Information
- Reorganisations & Restructurings
- Transfers of Business
- Employment Lawyers’ Association (UK)
- University of Sheffield (UK) – J.D. 1999
- Université de Nancy II (France) – J.D. 1998 French Law
Darren Clayton a Founding Partner and the Senior Partner of Doyle Clayton – the UK’s leading workplace law practice.
Darren acts for both corporate and individual clients and has in recent years spent much time advising on complex contractual negotiations and disputes with a particular focus on shareholder disputes and complex employee reward arrangements. Darren frequently advises on disputes at both the Employment Tribunal and High Court as well as advising major corporations on their restructuring programs.
Darren also has significant experience of restrictive covenant disputes both within the unionised and non-unionised sectors. Given the breadth of his experience he is often called upon to mediate in disputes between stakeholders and is well known for his approachable yet firm manner.
Darren has been recognized by the leading international legal guides for his work in the field of Employment and Labor Law which say:
- Darren Clayton offers sophisticated advice to both employers and employees, with significant experience in restrictive covenants and TUPE matters. He is also noted for handling senior executive exits. One client notes that he “focuses on the business outcomes and any subsequent potential risks”.
– Chambers & Partners Guide 2017
- ‘Reassuringly Good’
– Legal 500 2017
- Darren Clayton is one of the founding partners of the firm and has a reputation for being “great at negotiating advantageous deals on exits for senior executives. He is particularly adept at handling restrictive covenant disputes and team moves”
– Chambers & Partners Guide 2016
- Darren Clayton is a ‘first-rate advocate’
– Legal 500 2016
- Darren is appreciated by clients for his “integrity and empathy”
– Chambers & Partners Guide 2015
- Restrictive Covenant Disputes
- Team Moves & Business Transfers
- Restructuring issues including TUPE
- Senior Executive Terminations & Disputes.
- Employment Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- European Employment Lawyers Association
- University of Durham. BA Hons. Law – 1987