Olivier Rijckaert is a Founding Partner of SOTRA – a Belgian boutique law firm which is exclusively specialized in providing Employment and Labor Law counsel.
Olivier, who has over 20 years of experience advising national and international organizations including government agencies, provides legal advice on a wide range of Employment and Labor Law. In particular, his practice focuses on corporate reorganizations, dismissals and employee benefits – in addition to more ‘modern’ workplace issues such as Smart Working, discrimination, privacy, and intellectual property. Olivier has acted as a Deputy Judge at the Employment Tribunal of Namur – a role he served for over 8 years.
Olivier has been recognized as a Leader in his field by one of the top independent international legal guides. In their words:
- Sources highlight Olivier Rijckaert’s extensive knowledge: “His strength is his in-depth knowledge of company and business matters combined with honesty and accessibility. He is a good listener.“- Chambers Europe 2017
- Olivier Rijckaert is highlighted by clients for his in-depth knowledge of different domains. He focuses on employment flexibility and privacy matters…
– Chambers Europe 2016
- Dismissals: Individual & Collective
- Human Resource Policies
- Trade Union Negotiations
- Reorganisations & Restructurings
- ABA – American Bar Association
- AJPDS – Association des Juristes Praticiens du Droit Social
- The Catholic University of Louvain – Masters with Honours 1995
- Notre-Dame de la Paix University – J.D. with Honours 1992