John Dunne is a partner in McInnes Dunne Solicitors, a boutique law firm specialising in employment and labour law.
John has argued many cases for clients before the Rights Commissioner’s Service, the Employment Appeals Tribunal, the Equality Tribunal, the Workplace Relations Commission, and the Labour Court. He has appeared with Counsel before the Civil Courts, most frequently the Circuit and High Court, in connection with appeals from the EAT and injunction applications, as well as breach of contract and other related actions.
John also advises clients in relation to legal compliance, with particular emphasis on commercial restructuring, redundancies, trade union law, and transfers of businesses, and the employment aspects of mergers and acquisitions of businesses, including due diligence, warranties and indemnities.
“The dogged John Dunne is the right man if you are in a fight. Strong advice, astute commercialism, and an impressive negotiation style”
- Advocacy before specialist employment disputes fora
- Advising on dismissals and individual and collective redundancies
- Advising on transfer of undertakings, equality law, and legal compliance
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Law Society of Ireland
- Belvedere College, Dublin 1986
- University College Dublin, 1989
- Roll of Solicitors, Law Society of Ireland, 1999