Termination of Employment & Litigation: Procedure, Costs and Risks in Europe
Several European countries are currently reviewing the rules governing Employment Litigation. This new trend should purportedly shorten the judicial proceedings and give more certainty and predictability as to the amount of damages that may be awarded (i.e. implementation of scale of damages). This topic will be investigated by ELLINT members from Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, The Netherlands, and the United Kingdom.
The presentation will cover:
- How labour courts are organized in different European jurisdictions
- How long does it take for a case to be judged in different countries
- What can the Courts award in case of unfair dismissal in each location (reinstatement, damages, etc.)
- What are the other risks associated with such claims
(overtime payments, harassment, discrimination, etc.)
- In what circumstances would a settlement be considered?
- In addition to objective comparison between different European
jurisdictions in terms of length of procedure, costs, and risks)
This event will take place on May 12th, 2016 from 5:00 pm to 6.30pm at the offices of MGG Legal (63 boulevard Haussmann, Paris 75008, France) and will be followed by a cocktail reception.
Please send your RSVP to email@example.com.